23 Things I've Learned Now That I'm 23
This past year as my first year out of college has been a whirlwind to say the least. Since today is my 23rd birthday here are 23 of my favorite and most important life lessons I've learned so far:
1. Trust your gut.
2. You'll know when it's really your gut speaking.
3. Never doubt yourself because if you believe in yourself other people will too.
4. If you're unhappy in a workplace don't feel like it's you're only option.
5. Don't let other people define your happiness, you define it.
6. The best medicine is a good girl talk and lots of wine.
7. Stop worrying about the little things, it will all work out in the end - Thank you Loren for telling me this every panic phone call.
8. College is not real life but the best time of your life - soak up every minute.
9. It's important to find a balance between your significant other and your friends.
10. Travel as often as you can.
11. Forget about the calories sometimes - drink the wine, eat the chocolate.
12. You never know what someone else is going through.
13. Never quit your day dream ( I will have that two story walk in closet one day lol )
14. You can never ever have too many shoes.
15. Social media is everyone's highlight reel - don't believe everything you see.
16. Every woman must watch Sex and The City at least once.
17. Learn to accept the things you can't change.
18. Comparison is the thief of joy - Thank you Hunter for this always playing in my head.
19. Words can hurt, choose them wisely.
20. Family time is the best time.
21. If you're looking for a forever type of love make sure they're your best friend.
22. In the end, your mom is always right.
23. The best is yet to come.